Database development and training for Birmingham and the midlands
Specialists in Microsoft Access and Visual Foxpro database training and development
I am happy to hear from existing clients but I am taking no new calls.
FoxPro Trivia Quiz
How well do you know the obscure corners of Foxpro? Try this quick quiz. Many of the questions mention the Customers table which is part of the sample database supplied with FoxPro but the questions apply to any FoxPro table.
If the Customers table is open, what does this command do:
- Displays the value of the company field
- Displays the characters 'company'
- Displays the value of the variable whose name is stored in the variable named 'company'
What happens if you hold the Shift key down then click on File
in the main menu?
- The Close option becomes Close All
- The current window closes
- The menu undocks and can be moved
What date is given by
- February 28th 2000
- February 29th 2000
- March 2nd 2000
What does the command 3+8
do if you are on the first record of the Customer table?
- Stores 11 in the primary key of the current record
- Moves to record 11
- Displays the numeric value 11.
If x is 'X ' and y is 'Y ' then what is the result of
x - y ?
- A type-mismatch error
- 'XY '
What happens if you redefine a field type from Numeric to Float?
- All values in the field are truncated to 4 decimal places
- All values in the field are lost
- Nothing changes
Can you enter duplicate values in a field with a Unique index?
- Yes, but you get a warning message
- No, any duplicate value is rejected
What does ?_screen->backcolor do?
- Displays the value of the screen's background colour.
- Sets the background colour of the current control to the screen's background.
- Displays the colour-picker dialog
Can you use a #DEFINE on a Foxpro keyword?
- Yes but the redefinition is ignored.
What is the result of Proper('MCKAY')?
Follow this link for the answers.